Are you searching for the list of 5 letter words that start with TRO? In this list, we’ve compiled 5-letter words that start with the letters TRO, which are commonly used and easily recognizable. Let’s get started!
5 Letter Words that Start with TRO
Learning 5 letter words starting with TRO can expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills. Furthermore, knowing these words can also help in reading comprehension, as well as in various word games and puzzles, providing mental stimulation and helping to keep your mind sharp.
Word games like Wordle and Scrabble can be a fun and challenging way to expand your vocabulary.
List of 5 Letter Words that Start with TRO
Here are some 5 letter words that start with TRO:
5 Letter Words Starting with TRO with Meanings and Examples
Here are the meanings and example sentences for each word in the list:
- Meaning: The historical region in northwest Turkey that was home to the city of Troy.
- Example: The Troad was the site of the legendary Trojan War, described in Homer’s “Iliad.”
- Meaning: A harsh, croaking sound made by a bird or frog.
- Example: The troak of the raven echoed through the forest.
- Meaning: A region in ancient Greece that was known for its strategic location and abundant resources.
- Example: The city of Troy was located in the Troas region, near the Aegean Sea.
- Meaning: An archaic verb meaning to pull or draw something along.
- Example: The farmer troated his wagon down the dirt road.
- Meaning: A term used in rock climbing to refer to a climb that is made using ropes and other equipment to ensure safety.
- Example: The experienced climber made the trock look easy.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “troque,” a Spanish word meaning “to exchange.”
- Example: They agreed to troco their books with each other.
- Meaning: A past tense of “tread,” meaning to walk or step on something.
- Example: She trode carefully on the slippery surface.
- Meaning: A plural form of “trod,” meaning a path or trail that has been worn down by repeated use.
- Example: The old trods through the forest led to the hidden waterfall.
- Meaning: A slang term used to refer to a person who is considered to be primitive or uncivilized.
- Example: Some people call the homeless trogs, but they are just people down on their luck.
- Meaning: An adjective meaning relating to or having to do with the ancient city of Troy.
- Example: The Troic ruins were discovered by Heinrich Schliemann in the 19th century.
- Meaning: French for “three.”
- Example: Trois is a small prime number.
- Meaning: An archaic verb meaning to endure or bear something with patience or courage.
- Example: She troyed the cold weather with a smile on her face.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “Trojan,” meaning relating to or having to do with the ancient city of Troy.
- Example: The Troji horse was a legendary artifact of the Trojan War.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “truck,” meaning a vehicle used for transporting goods.
- Example: The delivery troke pulled up to the warehouse with a load of packages.
- Meaning: A slang term used in Spanish to refer to a woman who is considered to be attractive or flirtatious.
- Example: The men all turned their heads as the trola walked by.
- Meaning: A mythical creature often depicted as a goblin or ogre, or a person who deliberately makes inflammatory or provocative comments online.
- Example: The troll left a comment on the article that caused a heated argument in the comments section.
- Meaning: A short form of “trombone,” a musical instrument that is part of the brass family.
- Example: The troma player was the star of the jazz band.
- Meaning: An archaic verb meaning to cut or lop off.
- Example: The lumberjack tromed the branches from the fallen tree.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “tromm,” a German word meaning “drum.”
- Example: The tromm player led the parade with a steady beat.
- Meaning: A verb meaning to walk or stomp heavily.
- Example: She tromped up the stairs in her heavy boots.
- Meaning: A region in northern Norway known for its rugged coastline and abundant wildlife.
- Example: The Troms region is a popular destination for whale watching and Arctic adventures.
- Meaning: A mineral that is used in the production of sodium carbonate, a common household chemical.
- Example: The trona mines in California are some of the largest in the world.
- Meaning: A French word meaning “trunk” or “stump.”
- Example: The lumberjack cut the tronc from the fallen tree.
- Meaning: An archaic verb meaning to sit on a throne.
- Example: The king troned on his throne with a regal air.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “trunk,” meaning the main stem of a tree or the storage compartment of a car.
- Example: The elephant used its trunk to pick up the peanuts from the ground.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “trains,” meaning a series of connected vehicles that run on tracks.
- Example: The trons ran on time and arrived at the station just as scheduled.
- Meaning: A variant spelling of “troll,” meaning a mythical creature or a person who deliberately makes inflammatory or provocative comments online.
- Example: The online forum was filled with trools who were determined to cause trouble.
- Meaning: A town in Scotland known for its golf courses and scenic coastline.
- Example: Troon is a popular destination for golf enthusiasts from around the world.
- Meaning: A group of soldiers, or a group of people or animals moving together in a coordinated manner.
- Example: The troop of soldiers marched in formation to the sound of the drums.
FAQs on 5 Letter Words that Start with TRO
What are some 5 letter words that start with TRO?
There are some 5 letter words that start with TRO:
What are some 5 letter words that start with TRO and end in C in English?
Some 5 letter words that start with TRO and end in C in English include Troic, Trock, Trooc, Troac, and Trodc.