According to Synonym in English! Learn a list of commonly used synonyms for according to: in accordance with, in line with, as believed by, as claimed by,…with useful examples and ESL infographic.
What does According to mean?
- If you do something according to a plan, system, or set of rules, you do it in a way that agrees with or obeys that plan, system, or set of rules.
- It is used for saying where information or ideas have come from.
- It’s also used for saying that something changes or is different depending on the situation.
- According to the rules, no alcohol can be consumed on the premises.
- The students were regrouped according to height and weight.
- According to John, you were in Edinburgh last week.
- According to ancient legend, the river is a goddess.
- According to the police, his attackers beat him with a blunt instrument.
According to Synonym
Synonyms for According to
Here is the list of useful words to use instead of “According to” in English to improve and increase your vocabulary words:
- AB related
- in accordance with
- AB stated
- as believed by
- in line with
- as claimed by
- pursuant to
- as mentioned by
- as part of…
- as per
- as specified by
- as stated in/by
- as you can see
- based on
- conforming to
- from the best of my knowledge
- in AB’s opinion
- as explained by
- as far as I know
- as maintained by
- in agreement with
- in concordance with
- referring to
- in conformity with
- in consonance with
- on the authority of
- in keeping with
- in proportion to
- as reported by
- as said by someone
- in relation to
- in the light of
- as determined by
- in the opinion of
- it is believed by
- just as
- mentioned by
- on the basis of
According to Synonyms with Example Sentences
Let’s take some examples about synonyms for “According to”:
In accordance with
- He acted in accordance with his beliefs.
In line with
- The company’s results are in line with stock market expectations.
As claimed by
- These figures are more than 200 times higher than the official toll of 31 deaths as claimed by the former Soviet government.
- This money was spent legally and pursuant to city regulations.
As part of
- I grew up as part of a large household.
As specified by
- Other items, as specified by the central regulatory agency.
As you can see
- The technique is easy, as you can see in the bottom right-hand corner of the picture.
- Her books are often based on folklore and fairy-tales.
- Women’s power lies in conforming to and consolidating these statuses.
- His actions are out in keeping with his promises.
As reported by…
- Socrates’conversations, as reported by Plato, were full of shrewd humor.
As said by
- Pearson, as said by someone else, closely followed by chappy.
In relation to
- I have some comments to make in relation to this matter.
In the light of
- In the light of later events, the decision was proved right.
As determined by
- As determined by the ice crystal geometry, the Moon is 22 degrees from the lovely paraselene.
In the opinion of
- In my opinion and in the opinion of most people, it is a very sound investment.
- I’ve tried my last bit of energy, just as you bloomed sunflower smile.
- A number of factors have been mentioned by courts.
On the basis of
- She was chosen for the job on the basis of her qualifications and ideas.
In agreement with
- In agreement with the above mentioned data this effect is also observed in HeLa cells.
- Referring to my conversation with you today, I now enclose an order sheet for the hosiery as specified.
In conformity with
- Was his action in conformity with the law?
In consonance with
- These results are in consonance with human’s experiences.
Synonyms for According to | Infographic
Useful Synonyms for According to in English with the Infographic: