Adverbs List in English! Adverbs describe a verb, an adjective or another adverb. List of adverbs below will help you to understand adverbs a little better.
Adverbs with “LY”
Common Adverbs List
Here is the list of adverbs with “ly”:
Adverbs List with Example Sentences
Here is the adverbs list with useful examples sentences in English:
- She left the room abruptly without explanation.
- She absently twisted her wedding ring.
- She glared at him accusingly.
- Actually, it’s I that owe you a lot.
- His health was adversely affected by the climate.
- Amazingly, the bullet did not penetrate his brain.
- The vein at his temple throbbed angrily.
- He backed out arrogantly and without apology.
- The boy smiled bashfully at the visitor.
- She looked attractive and beautifully dressed.
- He stepped boldly forward to speak.
- There were several brightly coloured rugs scattered around.
- He smiled calmly at the idiocies of mankind.
- She carefully preserved all his letters.
- Old bikes can be bought quite cheaply.
- I carelessly knocked the chair down.
- The design certainly looks good on paper.
- The house is clearly visible from the beach.
- She listened closely while he read the letter.
- He is commonly supposed to be foolish.
- She nodded coolly and walked out.
- The children have not yet learned to punctuate correctly.
- Crossly, he came out of the bushes and searched around for a dock leaf.
- He paid dearly for his careless slip.
- The hotel is delightfully situated close to the waterfront.
- We are trying desperately to keep to our schedule.
- He continued determinedly despite his injury.
- He was still doggedly pursuing his studies.
- The swimmer dived into the water and swam energetically away.
- I found his manner extremely unpleasant.
- I love Italy, especially in summer.
- The viola is exactly in counterpoint to the first violin.
- The children babbled excitedly among themselves.
- The nurse disrobed the elderly patient expertly.
- She’s fairly responsive to new ideas.
- He was a famously peppery lawyer.
- A female lion defends her young ferociously.
- They finally found the cat up on the roof.
- They freely admit they still have a lot to learn.
- The course of events fully justifies our views.
- It was generally admitted that the government had acted too quickly.
- Many people contributed generously to the appeal.
- A piano tinkled gently in the background.
- The children eyed the cakes greedily.
- He glanced guiltily over his shoulder.
- He was harshly attacked by critics.
- I am heartily sick of the whole situation.
- The boat rolled heavily in the troughs between the waves.
- We slid helplessly down the slope.
- He lay down and was asleep immediately.
- He was finding it increasingly difficult to make decisions.
- The baby gurgled innocently on the bed.
- I said it half-jokingly.
- She smiled knowingly at us.
- She ran lightly up the stairs.
- We all laughed loudly when she made a joke.
- They plied their paste brushes madly.
- The priceless days must be spent meaningfully, joyfully.
- I think you are mentally tired.
- She wrote it hastily and messily on a scrap of paper.
- This area of the country is mostly desert.
- Nearly all the tractors operate on diesel oil.
- Children must learn to write neatly.
- I walked nervously up the garden path towards the front door.
- We are bumming along the road nicely.
- Though badly frightened, she appeared outwardly calm.
- She could hate as passionately as she could love.
- It seems a perfectly reasonable request to make.
- She wore a perpetually martyred expression.
- His brother cuffed him playfully round the head.
- She had a pleasingly direct manner.
- The job is relatively poorly paid.
- He felt himself so powerfully attracted to the scientific ideal.
- There are too many distractions here to work properly.
- She sat proudly astride her new motorbike.
- He looked at me queerly.
- She trussed him quickly with stolen bandage, and gagged his mouth.
- The puddle evaporated rapidly in the sun.
- The boy ate gratefully and ravenously.
- He patted her knee reassuringly.
- He stubbornly insisted on doing it all himself.
- The man behind the desk eyed us suspiciously.
- He is thoroughly domesticated and cooks a delicious chicken casserole.
- He drew thoughtfully on his pipe.
- He was a tremendously enthusiastic teacher and that rubbed off on all the children.
- I answered all their questions truthfully.
- He submitted unwillingly to his mother.
- He viciously bayoneted the straw dummy.
- He was completely/totally/wholly unprepared for what he saw.
List of Adverbs | Infographics
List of Common Adverbs in English| Images