Cold Synonyms! List of 20 Important Synonyms for the word COLD in English with example sentences and ESL infographic.
Having a low temperature; feeling uncomfortable due to lack of warmth.
- I’m cold. Turn the heating up.
- A cold breeze was blowing hard.
- The cold weather exhilarated the walkers.
- It’s too flipping cold to go outside!
- It was really cold last night.
Cold Synonyms List
Here is the list of alternative ways to say COLD in English:
- Frozen to the bone
- Parky (BrE)
- Perished (BrE)
Synonyms for Cold with Example Sentences
- The bathroom gets chilly in the winter.
- The heating went off and we were frozen out!
- Braving the biting wind, she went out to beg from door to door.
- It was a cool day with fitful sunshine.
- Wrap up warmly – it’s bitter outside.
- The weather can be quite bleak on the coast.
- The breeze was cool, brisk and invigorating.
- Temperatures can drop well below freezing in midwinter.
- Air travellers were left stranded because of icy conditions.
- There’s quite a chill in the air this morning.
- Few plants can grow in such a frigid environment.
- He breathed in the frosty air.
Frozen to the bone
- I’m frozen to the bone out here.
- A keen north wind was blowing.
- It’s a bit nippy today – you might need a coat.
- It’s a bit parky outside today.
- We were perished with cold and hunger.
- The evening was cold and raw.
- She’s very hot and shivery, so I think she must have flu.
- It looks like this wintry weather is here to stay.
Cold Synonyms | Infographic