Color Names in English! This lesson provides the names of different shade of color with useful examples and ESL infographic.
You will undoubtedly see familiar names on the list. But mostly, you will learn new names. Maybe even new colors.
Color Names in English
List of Color
Names of Color with Examples
- She wore a yellow dress.
- In the dark he saw the wonderful yellow green glow.
- Red and violet are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
- Wearing a blue skirt, microstrip wheat color skin looks so healthy, black hair like a waterfall vertically over the shoulders, with a reddish face.
- The room was painted in turquoise.
- She sifted thistles through her thistle – sifter.
- These shoes are tan, not dark brown.
- The bells were clanging in the high tower which soared up to a steel blue sky.
- A burnt umber man in a raw sienna compartment.
- She wore pert green velvet slippers and a lovely sea green robe.
- The orange red sun of Earth’s solar system is more resonant with red blood.
- She picked out a navy blue dress.
- Walls were painted lime green and lilac.
- Only these caps with Yankees and Mets logos are hot pink and bright red, hardly the stuff of traditionalists.
- They caught a glimpse of a dark green car.
- She piped the skirt with blue silk.
- The black ox has trod on her foot.
- The leaves turn brown in autumn.
- The water is the deepest hue of aquamarine and whipped up into meringue peaks.
- The sun shone out of a clear azure sky.
- For one, they come in unexpected shades of raspberry, orange, turquoise, gold and chartreuse.
- He licked the chocolate off his fingers.
- She was wearing a coral necklace.
- Her eyes were a bright, cornflower blue.
- The cyan sheet would, of course, be blank.
- It has deep pink scented flowers.
- She wore a gold chain around her neck.
- His hair is turning gray.
Color Names | Infographic