Desert Animals! Here is a list of 60+ animal names that live in the desert with their useful examples used in sentences. This is a helpful list with help you build more advanced vocabulary and quickly improve your English.
Learn more about 10 common animal idioms in English.
Desert Animals List
- African Wild Ass
- Bearded Dragon
- Black-footed Cat
- Brown Bear
- Climbing Mouse
- Cotton Rat
- Sand Cat
- Spectacled Bear
- Spiny Mouse
- Stick Bug
- Tyrant Flycatcher
Below is the list of animals that live in the desert with useful example sentences:
- Those who having dinosaurian body is medium grain is in its local the muscle that aardwolf.
African Wild Ass
- The donkey is a domesticated form of the African wild ass.
- The ant is a social insect.
- The antelope could not escape the crocodile’s gaping jaws.
- The armadillo has a protective shell of bony plates.
- He’s got a squashed-up ugly face like a baboon.
- The sharp sound of a twig snapping scared the badger away.
- The bat is flying with swiftness.
- When he is not out hunting, Tom attends school and enjoys watching television with his pet bearded dragon lizard, Lily.
- He carelessly trod the lady beetle underfoot.
- The boa feeds on birds and small mammals.
- A tourist was heavily mauled by a brown bear at the edge of the forest.
- A camel has a hump on its back.
- The Caracal is distributed over Africa and Western Asia and will usually hunt alone at night.
- I have never seen a coati before and luckily saw a family of them in the museum.
- The cobra is one of the world’s deadliest snakes.
- I saw a cougar slinking toward its prey.
- A clever courser is a hunter’s good helper.
- The elephant is the largest living land animal.
- Unlike the ostrich and emu, to which it is related, the Cassowary is most at home in the rainforest where the vegetation is dense and it can disappear from view quickly.
- The falcon was twice his size with pouted feathers.
- There is a fly on her loose coil of hair.
- The fox smells his own stink first.
- The best animal in the world is the tawny frogmouth.
- He looks up at the ceiling, which a gecko is slowly traversing.
- A gerbil would have struggled to make it out alive.
- A grasshopper is big to a ladybug.
- The puma’s main prey is the guanaco, the camel of the Andes.
- I’ve got two gerbils and a hamster.
- The hawk swooped down on the rabbit and killed it.
- I saw a haughty little hedgehog and I was hooked.
- The young leopard separated from its mother would be eaten by other beast.
- The lion is not so fierce as he is painted.
- A macaw screeched at him from its perch.
- For the meerkat family unable to leave the desert plains, life is now really tough.
- Oryx and ibex are scarce, but they are there.
- The ostrich is the fastest animal on two legs.
- An owl is the king of the night.
- Pronghorn are commonly found on the grasslands in the park.
- The rabbit is timid and suspicious.
- The raccoon has a strong preference for aquatic feeding.
- A rattlesnake is a really mean creature.
- A rhinoceros lumbered towards them.
- The Spectacled Bear also lives in this biome.
- I thought it must be a tarantula at least with all the fuss you’re making.
- A long-tailed tit alighted on the branch.
- The toad hid itself in a cranny in the wall.
- The tortoise crept along at a very slow speed.
- The viper paralyses its prey by injecting it with venom.
- The zebra galloped away from the lion.
Desert Animals Infographic