Food Names in English! Learn the names of food with useful example sentences and ESL printable infographics.
Food is any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. Learning about names of food will help you broaden your vocabulary as they familiarise with the processes to cook food.
Learn more about Food Idioms in English.
Food Names in English
Here you’ll find 30 helpful food vocabulary in English:
- Cottage cheese
- Ice cream
- Hot dog
- Roast chicken
- Fried fish
- Sour cream
- Tuna steak
Food Names with Example Sentences
- He used some cheese to trap the rat.
- I always have a boiled egg for breakfast.
- I warmed the butter for too long, and it has melted into liquid.
- You cannot sell the cow and sup the milk.
- The girl thirsted for yogurt.
- Fresh ricotta cheese resembles cottage cheese but is smoother and sweeter.
- I bought a brick of ice cream for Jimmy.
- She skimmed the milk of its cream.
- He is having a sandwich triangle.
- The sausage is also sold pre-packed in slices.
- I’d like a hamburger and an iced tea.
- Give me a hot dog, but hold the mustard.
- I had three pieces of bread for breakfast this morning.
- She cancelled her order for a pizza.
- We had beef steak for dinner.
- For dinner we’re having a roast chicken.
- We stuck a piece of fried fish on the fork and put it on the plate.
- I’m a total sucker for seafood.
- The cook will utilize the leftover ham bone to make soup.
- It will be perfect with the Chicken Kebab.
- We had bacon and eggs for breakfast.
- Mike’s potato was sodden with sour cream and butter.
- I bed ashed a salad with pepper before dinner.
- Swordfish shark tilefish fresh tuna steak and king mackerel are the main culprits.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 30 seconds.
- Let the rice cook until it has absorbed all the water.
- Spaghetti is one of my favorite foods.
- She was feeding the baby with porridge.
- He ate a whole pot of jam.
- The countryside near there is flat as a pancake.
Types of Food | Infographic
List of Food Names in English | Image