Gardening Tools in English! Learn the useful list of 30 essential garden tools every gardener should own with example sentences and ESL printable infographic.
Learn more about the list of types of flowers in English.
Gardening Tools in English
Gardening Tools Names
This list below provides vocabulary about garden tools in English:
- Gardening gloves
- Hedge shears
- Gardening fork/ Digging fork
- Wheelie bin (U.K) – recycling bin (U.S)
- Garden hose
- Watering can
- Pruners/pruning shears
- Pruning saw
- Garden trowel
- Lawn mower
Names of Garden Tools with Examples
- A snake slithered across the grass.
- The water drained out of the flowerpot through the hole in the bottom.
- A man used to wielding an axe fought best on foot.
- I put on my gardening gloves and dig in the soil.
- It is his duty to rake the ashes out of the stove.
Gardening fork/ Digging fork
- One of the prongs of the garden fork went through his foot.
Wheelie bin (U.K) – recycling bin (U.S)
- We put our wheelie bin out to be emptied every Thursday morning.
- Mrs. Morrell reached for a loop of garden hose.
- Rubber boots are impervious to water.
- The watering can was gritty metal with an ugly snub spout.
- An old gardener was upon the lawn, with a pair of pruning shears, looking after some bushes.
- He had a chain saw and loppers. I brought along gloves and a curved pruning saw.
- With my spade and trowel, I’ll dig his grave.
- The seeds will sprout in 3 days after they are sown.
- We need a lawn mower to cut the grass.
- She trundled the wheelbarrow down the garden.
- The chemical fertilizer should be well dug in.
- I have to feed the chickens and hoe the potatoes.
- That chick pecks out an earthworm from the earth.
- She tied an apron around her waist.
- He’s cutting grass with a scythe.
- She took a pair of scissors and cut the string.
- He filled the bucket with water.
- I shut the shed door and wedged it with a log of wood.
- She placed the ladder under the window.
- There was a garden spade in the shed.
- She bought herself a hoe and a sickle.
- She jerked upwards with the pitchfork.
- She dug the foundation with a pick and shovel.