Great Synonym in English! Learn over 75 helpful words (synonym words) to use instead of GREAT. This list is helpful for a strong beginning, more advanced vocabulary building will help you quickly improve your English with ESL infographic.
- Great means: famous, powerful, or important as one of a particular type.
- Great means: large in amount, size, or degree.
Great Synonym List
List of Synonyms for Great
Here is the list of helpful synonyms for the word GREAT in English:
- first rate
Great Synonym with Example Sentences
- I must congratulate you on your excellent exam results.
- You look good in that shirt.
- Any day of the week is fine.
- He was a wonderful father to both his natural and adopted children.
- The fireworks looked very splendid against the dark sky.
- It’s an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- It was a marvelous performance.
- You look terrific in that dress.
- She’s got a nice husky voice – very sexy.
- The new director is likely to make major changes in personnel.
- They dished up a superb meal.
- I have a fantastic social life.
- This town is famous for its beautiful buildings.
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.
- We went to a tremendous party.
- She’s well qualified but has no relevant work experience.
- She gazed at the immense expanse of the sea.
- He’s an amazing player to watch.
- This is a significant contribution to knowledge.
- It was a cool day with fitful sunshine.
- Don’t lie there moping on a lovely morning like this!
- This city is famous for its apples.
- What a gorgeous day it is today!
- He told the extraordinary story of his escape.
- I have digested most of the important points in the book.
- The house is substantial enough to last a hundred years.
- Buying a house is the best hedge against inflation.
- There’s a smashing view from her office.
- He is a man of exceptional talent.
- The magnificent scene of the waterfall is pleasant.
- The shoes are a perfect fit.
- The front of the museum is very impressive.
- It was a remarkable achievement for such a young player.
- The restaurant has an extensive menu and daily specials.
- She was prominent in the fashion industry.
- We have in our grasp a truly glorious future.
- His story is incredible in the literal sense of the word.
- You look really stunning in that dress!
- Bridgeport was a pretty nifty place.
- Their performance was sensational.
- She wrote a truly prodigious number of novels.
- She has a strong sense of justice and fairness.
- She was a brilliant public speaker.
- We need some highly qualified intellectuals.
- He’s an ace footballer.
- Everything in her life is just peachy.
- Her voluminous silk dress billowed out behind her.