Halloween words! Learn 25 popular words or items in Halloween with interesting ESL image and useful example sentences.
Halloween is a celebration on the night of October 31. It is most practised in the United States and Canada. Children wear costumes and go to people’s homes saying “Trick or treat!” to ask for candy and people give it to them. People mainly dress up as ghosts, witches, or other scary things for Halloween. It is often referred to as ‘the scariest time of the year’.
Learn more about Christmas words in English.
Halloween Vocabulary Words List
- Spider web
- Haunted house
- Witch hat
- Witch’s broom
- Jack o’ lantern
- Black cat
- Trick or treat
Halloween Words with Examples
- The bat is flying with swiftness.
- The spider web brushed my forehead.
- You look as if you’ve seen a ghost!
- I felt crawly after entering the haunted house.
- Anna looks after costumes and props.
- A huge wooden spoon protruded from the cauldron.
- She’s a right old witch!
- I ought to throw this witch hat away.
- Witch’s broom is a deformity in a woody plant.
Jack o’ lantern
- Let ‘s make a jack-o’-lantern!
- His pockets bulged with apples and candy.
- I felt like Frankenstein, quailing before the monster I had created.
- Every family has a skeleton in the cupboard.
- This type of owl prefers a desert habitat.
- He looks like a scarecrow.
- I’d like to be a vampire.
- This is a black cat with white paws.
Trick or treat
- We’ll never trick or treat ＊ at Mr. Green’s house again!
- I’ll become a werewolf in my dream.
- I felt sorry for Blake, poor devil.
- He walked numbly into the cemetery.
- She fractured her skull in the accident.
- He watched a spider spinning its web .
- I walked around like a zombie for most of the day.
Halloween Words| Infographic
Friday 22nd of October 2021