How to Express Sympathy in English? Below are some common phrases and expressions you can use to show your sympathy to other people.
Learn more common phrases to express your feelings.
How to Express Sympathy
- That’s too bad.
- That’s so sad.
- I’m sorry. What bad luck!
- I hope things get better soon.
- It would be OK soon.
- I hope you feel better soon.
- What a pity!
- Oh, that’s terrible.
- Be patient, it would be better soon.
- I can’t tell you how sorry I am.
- Oh, I am sorry to hear that.
- I know how it feels.
- I take my sympathy to you.
- You must be very upset about it.
- I sympathize with your condition.
- It’s very kind of you.
- Thank you very much.
- It would be Ok, thanks.
- Thanks for your sympathy.
- Thanks for your support.
Ways of Expressing Sympathy | Infographic
Alternative Ways to Express Sympathy in English | Image