Important synonyms! The following lesson will provide the list of 40 alternative ways to say “Important” with useful example sentences and ESL printable infographic.
“Important” Synonyms List
Here is the list of 40 common synonyms for the word “Important” in English:
Synonyms for “Important” with Examples
- Penicillin was an extremely significant medical discovery.
- Careful preparation for the exam is essential.
- The public has a crucial role to play in detecting crime.
- There is a major problem with parking in London.
- The inquiry was critical of her work.
- His support is vital for our project.
- Her contribution to the discussion was substantial.
- The momentous news was that war had begun.
- I admired his considerable mental agility.
- A child is recovering in hospital after a serious attack by a stray dog.
- The most noteworthy feature of the list is that there are no women on it.
- A great man can dominate others by force of character.
- This is a notable event.
- The core of regular contributors is essential to the magazine.
- She was prominent in the fashion industry.
- He is a very influential man in the government.
- She seems to find it difficult to form meaningful relationships.
- Many famous people have stayed in the hotel.
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
- The avocado is a valuable food.
- It is necessary to get the youth to have a high ethical concept.
- He’d like to see a fundamental reappraisal of the way unions operate.
- He showed remarkable endurance throughout his illness.
- Unemployment will be a dominant issue at the next election.
- Our main objective was the recovery of the child safe and well.
- He was set free and rehabilitated as chief engineer.
- His principal reason for making the journey was to visit his family.
- Confidence is the key to success.
- He summarized the salient points.
- My prime concern is to protect my property.
- The decisive attack took off from the foremost position.
- Soldiers who die for their country have made the supreme sacrifice.
- In our work, quality is paramount.
- It is of overriding importance to finish the project this week.
- This is a matter of cardinal significance.
- She’s quite indispensable to the company.
- I must post this letter; it’s urgent.
- That was an earthshaking event.
- It is an exigent problem to solve the dry deep screening of moist fine coal.
- A decisive person acts quickly and often succeeds.
Other Ways to Say “Important” | Infographic
List of important synonyms in English with ESL picture: