“Last but not least” – useful usage and example sentences. In this lesson, you will learn the use of “Last but not least” with example sentences, synonyms list, and ESL printable infographic.
Last But Not Least | Meaning
What Does “Last But Not Least” Mean?
- This phrase used to denote that someone or something is still equally important & significant despite being mentioned last in sequence, after everyone else.
- “Last but not least” is also called transition word which keeps the reader on track by showing relationships between ideas and information.
- This connecting word is neutral rather than either formal or informal, but it would probably sound a little informal in an academic essay.
- Last but not least, I’d like to thank all the catering staff.
- Last but not least, let me introduce Jame, our new accountant.
- Last but not least, I would like to thank my wife for her support.
- Last but not least, I would a good rest.
- And last but not least there is the question of adequate funding.
- Last but not least, we must thank our host for his hospitality.
- And, last but not least, its growth and production have a huge impact on the environment we live in.
- And last but not least, the baby of the family.
- And, last but not least, they might re-read the scores while listening.
- Last but not least, he was able to maintain contact with his counts and miss through meetings at assemblies.
- Last but not least, this paper presents cross-check on the aforementioned data and interpretation of the result.
- Last but not least, one has full control and freedom over the matter.
- Last but not least, more exercises help us keep healthy and fit.
- I would like to thank my publisher, my editor, and, last but not least, my husband.
Last But Not Least | Synonyms
Here is the list of synonyms for the phrase “last but not least”:
- Finally yet importantly
- As importantly
- In conclusion
- Not least of all
- As a final point
- In drawing things to a close
- In winding up
- In the end
- In a nutshell
Last But Not Least Synonyms with Examples
- Two-wheel drive gives better stability and traction in all conditions, but just as importantly is a powerful psychological safety net.
- In conclusion, I would like to say how much I have enjoyed myself today.
Not least of all
- Not least of all, it is the San Diego neighborhood that many gays have long embraced as their own.
- Finally, he returned to the official line from which he had swerved.
- Lastly, I would like to ask about your future plans.
- Ultimately, the war had to end; it cost too much in both lives and dollars.
As a final point
- A final point of note here is that the purpose of market research in consumer and industrial markets is the same.
In the end
- In the end, he was forced to resign but it was all very hush-hush.
In a nutshell
- Just tell me the story in a nutshell.
Last But Not Least | Infographic