List of Jobs in English! Learn the useful list of occupations & jobs to improve and increase your vocabulary words in English with many useful examples and ESL printable infographics.
List of Jobs in English
List of Careers
This is the list of types of jobs in English:
- Actor /Actress
- Bus driver
- Factory worker
- Fireman/Fire fighter
- Real estate agent
- Shop assistant
- Taxi driver
- Traffic warden
- Travel agent
- Veterinary doctor (Vet)
Talking about the Different Types of Jobs
- He is going to be an accountant.
- He certainly is a marvellous actor.
- She is acting as architect on this project.
- A new star attracted the notice of the astronomer.
- A baker is kneading a dough.
- A bricklayer lays bricks to make a wall.
- The bus driver is responsible for the passengers safety.
- The butcher will trust us for the meat.
- The carpenter was hammering in his workshop.
- The chef used an electric grinder in the kitchen.
- I used to work as a cleaner in a hospital.
- I must ask the dentist to fit me with some new teeth.
- This is the mark of her real genius as a designer.
- He qualified as a doctor last year.
- We need to call in an electrician to sort out the wiring.
- You need the advice of a qualified engineer.
- Skin disorders are common occupational diseases among factory workers.
- The farmer taught her how to shear sheep.
- The fireman sent jets of water into the burning house.
- The fisherman had caught a whopper.
- The florist bunched the flowers up.
- The gardener mows the grass regularly.
- She has set up in business as a hairdresser.
- I gained an insight into the work of a journalist.
- He was as sober as a judge.
- A lawyer is a professional man.
- The lecturer tried to settle the audience down.
- The librarian entered a new book in the catalogue.
- During the summer she worked as a lifeguard.
- The mechanic soon fixed up the machine.
- She is a perfect model of her mother.
- The newsreader did succeed in capturing my attention.
- He worked as a nurse in a psychiatric hospital.
- The optician said I needed new glasses.
- He is a painter in water colours.
- The pharmacist will make up your prescription.
- She’s a photographer and also writes books.
- The pilot gave the order to bomb up.
- We had to call a plumber to unblock the drains.
- The newspaper editorial defamed the politician.
- A policeman has the authority to arrest lawbreakers.
- The postman brought me a large package.
Real estate agent
- He is a real estate agent.
- The receptionist led the way to the boardroom.
- Her mother was a brilliant scientist.
- My secretary will phone you to arrange a meeting.
- The dress shop assistant was very supercilious.
- The deceased general was a great soldier.
- The tailor has cut my coat very well.
- The teacher praised him for his anxiety for knowledge.
- The author discovered that the translator had foisted several passages into his book.
- The traffic warden helped by urging them on.
- I made the booking through a travel agent.
Veterinary doctor (Vet)
- Fellowing the outbreak of the disease, several sheep and lambs were destroyed on veterinary advice.
- We had an argument with the waiter about the bill.
- A wealthy businessman has stood bail for him.
- The dancer wore a headdress of pink ostrich plumes.
- The artist looked at her with scorn.
- We occasionally have vacancies for bartenders who must have at least two years’ experience of working a cocktail bar.
List of Occupations | Infographic