LMAO Meaning! What does LMAO mean? Are you searching for the definition of this popular term. You are at the right page. This following lesson will provide what does LMAO stand for and how to use it properly with ESL infographic.
“LMAO” the acronym that stands for “laughing my ass off“. This abbreviation usually comes into our mind when we’re laughing very hard, even though we rarely lose body parts to laughing.
How to Use LMAO
- It is used to indicate that something is funny. You should use it in informal communication.
- This slang term is used in social networks, instant-messaging apps, and text messages (SMS). You can write lmao in uppercase or in lowercase, but if you really need to use the abbreviation in a more formal context (an article about the abbreviation, for example) remember to stick to one set of capitalization rules.
- It is not considered an ‘official’ word, and can be associated with the words ‘lol‘ and ‘rofl’. It is generally known as a stronger version of ‘laughing out loud‘. In the next part, you will find out more about similar acronyms you can use instead of LMAO.
- LMBO (laughing my butt off)
- LOL (laugh – out – loud)
- LML (laughing mad aloud)
- ROGL (Rolling on the grass laughing)
- ROFL(Rolling on the floor laughing)
LMAO Used in Examples
Conversation Example 1:
- Tom: He is hacker, a chinese hacker!?
- Tim: No its…laughing my f’ing arse off
- Tom: but thats LMFAO not LMAO, it’s his sister?
Conversation Example 2:
- Jim: David fell off the horse and injured his pelvis in 5 different places.
- Joe: LMAO!
Conversation Example 3:
- A: Did you see that funny youtube video?
- B: LMAO, it was hilarious!
- That’s one funny kitten! LMAO!
- I lmao whenever I hear a pun.
- You like puns, lmao.
- When I went to the comedy club, I was LMAO. The comedian was hilarious!
- Land Mail Art Object
- Let’s Make Another Offer
- Leave My A** Alone
- Leave Me Alone Okay
- Laughing My All Out
- Lick Me All Over
- Laughing My Arse Off
- Love My Apple Orchard
- Lizards May Ask Okay
- Let Me Ask Obama
- Laughing My Arteries Out!