MAIN Synonyms! The following lesson provides a useful list of 25 words to use instead of “Main” with useful examples and ESL printable infographic.
Main Synonyms List
Here is the list of synonyms for the word MAIN in English with useful examples:
Synonyms for Main with Example Sentences
- The primary cause of Tom’s failure is his laziness.
- A major search is under way to find the escaped prisoners.
- The principal reason for my change of mind is this.
- He was set free and rehabilitated as chief engineer.
- The neutrons and protons form the core of the atom.
- Winning is not the prime objective in this sport.
- Experience is essential for this job.
- John’s playing the leading role in this year’s play.
- The shops are in a central position in the city.
- They had important matters to discuss.
- In our work, quality is paramount.
- I really need to get some basic financial advice.
- Legal aid is a fundamental part of our system of justice.
- The decisive attack took off from the foremost position.
- The heart performs a vital bodily function.
- Money will be crucial to the accomplishment of our objectives.
- He is a master at circumlocution.
- They keep the cardinal rule, which is to update regularly.
- There is great difference between word and deed.
- He remains in a critical condition in a California hospital.
- She was the dominant partner in the relationship.
- He argued in favour of capital punishment.
- Today is a significant day for me.
- The talks are pivotal to the success of the country.