Names of Shapes in English! Lean 30 different 2D shapes and their names with ESL printable infographic to enlarge your vocabulary words in English.
Names of Shapes in English
Basic Shape Names
Here is the list of 30 names of shapes (geometric shapes) in English:
- Scalene triangle
- Right triangle
Learn more about different types of house in English.
Types of Shapes with Examples
- This main octagon is the central chamber or nave.
- The pagoda has a base of heptagon.
- The church tower likes a huge hexagon.
- He is having a sandwich triangle.
- The cells of the scaffold grew normally in accordance with close-packed rule in the form of antenna or scalene triangle.
- The hypotenuse is the longest side of a right triangle.
- It is the envelope of a series of parallelograms of equal area and sharing two sides.
- They are situated at the four points of a rhombus.
- A carpet six metres square has an area of 36 square metres.
- Draw a pentagon, a regular five-sided figure.
- The students sit in a circle on the floor.
- The playing field is a large oval.
- The cross is the symbol of Christianity.
- The arrow embedded itself in the wall.
- The box was cube – shaped.
- The cylinder is rotated 180 degrees.
- Remember to match it with your glistening star-shaped necklace.
- The moon was a brightly shining crescent.
- A trapezoid is a quadrilateral with two parallel sides.
- They selected a diamond engagement ring.
- A polygon with ten sides is a decagon.
- Multiplication and addition are associative operations.
- The temperature is now minus 5 degrees.
- Membership is 350 dollars per year plus tax.
- The Earth orbits in an ellipse.
- They stood in a semi-circle round the teacher’s chair and answered questions.
- The main themes were decorated pillars, trefoils and roundels.
- The men were standing in a ring.