Parts of A Car! The following article introduces a list of different parts of a car with example sentences and ESL infographic to improve your vocabulary words.
Learn more about different parts of a chair in English.
Parts of A Car
Different Car Parts in English
- Outside mirror
- Turn signal
- License plate
- Rear-view mirror
- Steering & Suspension
- Seat belt
- Fuel gauge
- Temperature gauge
- Car trip meter
- Rev counter
Different Car Parts with Examples
- A security number had been etched on the car window as a protection against theft.
- They tailgate, which means to drive too closely behind the car in front of them.
- I can’t pick the handle of this car, it’ too hot.
- He opened the door with his key.
- The left front wheel of the car spun off, and the car crashed into a tree.
- A nail pierced the tire of his car.
- Use turn signal when turning or changing lanes.
- The enquiry ruled that the cars should be fitted with bigger bumpers.
- Did anyone see the car’s license plate?
- On your car you got a busted headlight.
- I looked under the hood and clouds of smoke poured out.
- He wiped away the grease from the windshield of the car.
- He leaned over to comb his hair in the rearview mirror before he got out of the car.
Steering & Suspension
- This car’s steering isn’t very responsive.
- The roof of the car was not damaged in the accident.
- You can slide the front seats forward if necessary.
- The fact I was wearing a seat belt saved my life.
- The taxi driver checked the fuel gauge frequently.
- He noticed to his alarm that the oil temperature gauge was twice it’s normal reading.
- The needle on the rev counter soared.
Different Parts of A Car | Infographic
Wednesday 3rd of March 2021
You explicitly state the AmE terms. Could you be so so kind as to add the BrE ones as well? Thank you.
Saturday 29th of January 2022
turn signal = indicatortire = tyre (different spelling) windshield = windscreen hood = bonnet (in British English, "hood" means a fabric cover over the passenger compartment of the car, the top part of the car)