Parts of a chair! What are the parts of chairs called? Learn the different parts of a regular chair in English with their usage and ESL infographic.
Learn more about different parts of a flower & a leaf.
Parts of A Chair
One of the basic pieces of furniture, a chair is a type of seat. Chairs can be made from wood, metal, or other strong materials, like stone or acrylic.
Different Parts of A Chair
Here are the names of different parts of a basic chair in English:
- Top rail
- Cross rail
- Rear leg
- Front leg
- Cross stretcher
Parts of A Chair with Examples
Top rail /Cross rail
- This part is the uppermost rail of the seatback.
- The dog jumped over the stile.
- It is a small part of a piece or structure, either decorative or structural.
- This part is a vertical central element of the chair back.
- This is the part of a chair which you lean on when you are sitting on it.
- The part of a chair that you sit on.
- The strips that run between the legs and connects to the surface.
Rear leg/ Front leg
- Supports chair and keeps it slightly elevated above the ground.
- A stretcher is a horizontal support element of a chair.
Different Parts of A Chair | Infographic