Phrasal Verbs with LET! Learn let in, let off, let down, let out, let on. The list below provides common phrasal verbs of the word LET in English with their meaning and examples with ESL infographic.
Phrasal Verbs with LET in English
- Meaning: Let someone come in
- Example: She opened the window to let in the air.
- Meaning: Make clear, evince
- Example: You don’t want to let on how rich you really are.
- Meaning: Cause to explode or release
- Example: Stand back when you let off fireworks.
- Meaning: Fail to support or help
- Example: My friend, don’t let me down this time.
- Meaning: Make bigger
- Example: I need to let out this skirt.
- Meaning: Lengthen
- Example: My father is a tailor, so he can let my pants down.