Phrasal Verbs with READ! Learn read over meaning, read off meaning, read back meaning, read over meaning, read for meaning, read up on meaning…The list below provides commonly used phrasal verbs of the word READ in English with ESL printable worksheet.
Phrasal Verbs with READ in English
List of READ Phrasal Verbs with Meaning and Example:
- Read through or practice something quickly
- Example: He ran over his notes before going home.
- Read aloud from a list
- Example: I read the number of cargo.
- Read some information back
- Example: Could you read back my son’s letter to me?
- Read something quickly from the beginning to the end
- Example: Hirers should read over the contract before signing it.
- Read some information that is printed or displayed on something
- Example: The nurse read off patient’s temperature from the thermometer.
- To study for something
- Example: They are in the library reading for their exams next week.
Read up on
- To spend time reading in order to find out information about something
- Example: She has been reading up on the World War 2.