List of Sports Balls in English! Looking for the names of common sports balls in English? The following are useful vocabulary about names of balls used in sports games with ESL pictures and example sentences.
Learn more about useful idioms related to sports in English.
List of Ball Games
This list is an excellent starting point for building up your vocabulary about sports topic. Let’s get started:
- American Football
- Tennis Ball
- Soccer Ball
- Bowling Ball
- Golf Ball
- Beach Ball
- Pool Ball
- Hockey Puck
- Playground Ball
- Water Polo
- Lawn Bowls
- Paddle Ball
- Sepak Takraw
- Table Tennis Ball
Ball Sports with Examples
- In American football, you have to try to bring down your opponent.
- They went on with their basketball match in spite of the rain.
- He spent hours throwing a tennis ball against a wall.
- Our baseball team chalked up another victory.
- There’s a male and female couple kicking a soccer ball around.
- Tim plays for the national volleyball team.
- This bowling ball is too heavy for me.
- I accept that a golf ball is inanimate.
- The beach ball bounced up and hit him in the face.
- In the original version of the photoelectric effect, one photon kicks out one electron, like one pool ball smacking into another.
- It looks like a giant hockey puck and hums like a hot rod.
- Badminton can be played by two or four people.
- I am not familiar with water polo.
- I enjoy playing tennis and squash.
- Wiffle ball is a variation of the sport of baseball designed for indoor or outdoor play in confined areas.
- Football and cricket are outdoor games.
- Hurling is an outdoor team game of ancient Gaelic and Irish origin.
- Kids from six years old play mini rugby at the club.
- The replay shows that it was a handball.
- Sepak takraw or kick volleyball is a sport native to Southeast Asia.
Table Tennis Ball
- The one in blue vest who smashed table tennis ball is me.