SUCH AS Synonym! This article will provide a list of 20 Synonyms for Such As with their examples and ESL printable infographic in English. For instance…, for example…,to give you an idea…
Such As Synonym List
Here is the list of Such As Synonyms:
- For instance
- To give you an idea
- Suppose that
- Let’s say
- For example
- As proof
- To illustrate
- Case in point
- In particular
- As for example
- As an illustration
- To give an instance
- For case in a point
- As a model
- In the manner of
Such As Synonyms with Examples
Here is several examples of synonyms for Such As:
- What would you do, for instance, if you found an employee stealing?
- Murder, petty theft and tax evasion, for instance, all have different motives and consequences.
- We need to rethink the way we consume energy. Take, for instance, our approach to transport.
- There is a similar word in many languages, for example in French and Italian.
- An athlete, for example, might turn the pedals 80 times a minute.
- There are a number of improvements; for example, both mouse buttons can now be used.
To give you an idea…
- To give you an idea of what that means, 80 decibels is generated by a typical alarm clock.
- To give you an idea of what to look out for, take a look at the photograph opposite.
- This incident will be held up as proof that tougher controls are needed.
- Keep the receipt as proof of purchase.
- It’s reasonable to suppose that he left the note after he tried to call her.
- It’s a fallacy to suppose that wealth brings happiness.
- To illustrate my point I have done a comparative analysis.
- Let me give another example to illustrate this difficult point.
- I could clearly imagine the scene in the office.
- I could hardly imagine living in such a remote and desolate spot.
- We pretended that nothing had happened.
- It would be foolish to pretend that there are no risks involved.
- Let’s say you get up in the morning and spend 15 minutes sitting down for breakfast.
- Try and finish the work by, let’s say, Friday.
Case in point…
- The news about calcium and kidney stones is a case in point.
- The uniformity of its top executives is the crucial case in point.
- They keep animals, e.g. goats and cattle.
- The names of political parties are always capitalized, e.g. the Green Party.
In particular …
- Peter was lying on the sofa doing nothing in particular.
- The director stressed that point in particular.
- The dark wood shone like glass.
- We hope to grow old, yet we fear old age; that is, we are willing to live, and afraid to die.