Synonyms for Cry in English! Here is the list of the most common Synonyms about CRY in English that you could use to show these emotions in different situations.
Synonyms for Cry in English
Cry Synonym List
Here is the list of Synonyms for the word CRY to increase your vocabulary:
Synonyms for Cry with Example Sentences
- He that lives with wolves will learn to howl.
- The women began to wail in mourning.
- I felt an uncontrollable urge to scream.
- This gave them a chance to yell.
- She wanted to laugh and weep all at once.
- She likes to bawl against people.
- I used to moan if I didn’t get at least six hours’ sleep at night.
- We had to shout above the noise of the traffic.
- Do you have to bellow in my ear?
- You needn’t roar at me.
- I used to scream and holler.
- The ladies shriek and swoon at his every word.
- The child started to sob when he couldn’t find his mother.
- The dog began to yowl.
- The dog yelp and run off.
- Richard’s jokes make you groan rather than laugh.
- She started to blubber like a child.
- The child was lost and began to whimper.
- The hungry kid began to squall.
- Don’t let the dogs bark.
- They come to me to whine about their troubles.
- Billy started to snivel. His mother smacked his hand.
- She bewailed her misfortune.
- The parakeet began to squawk when I walked in.
- I can be very rude to motorists who hoot at me.
- The children lament the death of their mother.
- Relatives need time to grieve over loved ones they have lost.
- He was bemoaning the fact that lawyers charge so much.
- Few will mourn his passing.
- The black crow perched on the telephone pole.
Another Word for Cry | Infographic