Have you ever used the abbreviation in an online communication? Do you confused what does TBH stand for? You came to the right place to find out what TBH means. We abbreviate and use TBH not only in texting, but on all the social media sites and through other digital communication. Let’s find out it carefully on this lesson below.
What Does TBH Stand For?
“Tbh,” the acronym that stands for “to be honest,” has taken on a different meaning since it was first adopted by teens.
How to Use the Term
It used to start a statement e.g. “To be honest, I need you”, but now it means they are asking you to tell them something honestly about them or a situation.
Sometimes it’s used to initiate a conversation like so:
- Tim: Tbh for tbh?
- Tom: Tbh we used to hang out so much but now not so much
- Tim: Tbh I’ve just been so busy with school
To be honest, can also be used when you want to describe a change in opinion. When you’re discussing something and want a good way to describe the change you can say.
This abbreviation is often texted through the phone conversation or other messaging platform like Facebook, Instagram or Twister, but it can occasionally be used in spoken speech as well, usually by young people who tend to text often.
TBH in Example Sentences
- TBH I think he’s got a point.
- TBH, you’re really pretty!
- You seem pretty cool, TBH.
- To be honest , it was one of the worst books I’ve ever read.
- To be honest, she was more of a hindrance than a help.
- To be honest I don’t give a monkey’s what they do.
- To be honest, I think the scheme is completely unworkable.
- To be honest , I don’t think it will be possible.
- To be honest, the thought of jumping out of a moving aeroplane makes my hair stand on end.
- I don’t think I can be much help to you, to be honest.
- To be honest I think he has an over-active gland, always trying to inveigle his way into my bed.
- To be honest, the thought had never crossed my mind.
Here are the useful list of similar phrases that you can use instead of TBH.
- To be completely honest.
- In my opinion (IMO)
- My honest opinion.
- In all honesty
- Just being honest.
- In fact
- I’m going to lay it on the line
- If I’m honest.
- To tell the truth
- In all fairness
- With all due respect
- Let’s be fair
- To be totally honest.
- Let me set the record straight
- If I’m perfectly honest
- Allow me to speak my mind
- I’m just going to come right out and say it
- If truth be told
- In my absolutely honest opinion
- If I can speak my mind
- As a matter of fact
- If I shoot from the hip
- To be frank
- In actual fact,
What does TBH also stand for?
- Texas Beyond History
- Temporary Black Hole
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center
- To Be Hired
- Trumpet Behavioral Health
- Tindersen Blacktree Hoopdriver
- Tail Bearing Housing
- Ten Bucks an Hour
- Turbo Basic Help
- Learn English Pronunciation - August 1, 2023
- English Vocabulary: Tips for Boosting Your Word Power - July 20, 2023
- English Grammar: A Comprehensive Guide to Improve Your Writing - July 20, 2023