Telephone Conversation in English! Learn the most commonly used phrases for the phone conversation with ESL printable infographics.
Telephone Conversation Phrases
Communicative skills are very important. Communicating properly on the phone is especially important, as the person you are speaking to cannot see your facial movement or your body language.
As well as speaking clearly when talking on the phone, it is vital to use the right level of formality. If you are too formal, people might find it difficult to feel comfortable when talking to you. If you are too informal, they might think you are being rude!
- Good morning.
- Could you hold on a moment, please?
- I’m sorry, she is out of the Office today.
- Thank you for calling.
- May I ask who’s calling, please?
- I’m trying to contact, please wait…
- I’m afraid my English not good, please…
- I’m afraid he’s in a meeting.
- He’s free in the afternoon after about two.
- I would like to make a reservation, please
- Is … there?
- Hello, George’s phone
- Who is it?
- I’II ask her to ring you when … gets back.
- Hang on a second
- I can’t hear you very well.
- I’II let … know that you rang.
- Just a minute…
- Okay, wait a moment, please.
- Speak to you again soon.
Useful Phrases for the Phone Conversation | Infographic