Tough Synonym! Are you looking for words to use instead of TOUGH? In this lesson, you will find over 25 synonyms for the word TOUGH with useful example sentences and ESL printable infographic.
Tough Synonyms List
Here is the list of synonyms for the word “Tough” with useful example sentences in English:
Synonyms for Tough with Examples
- It’s hard sailing when there is no wind.
- He was finding it increasingly difficult to make decisions.
- The rough road made the car vibrate.
- She was harsh to the servants.
- The strong wind hurled down bits of the roof.
- A severe snowstorm blocked up railroads.
- I cannot solve this complicated problem.
- He has a heavy teaching load this year.
- It can be tricky at first, but persevere.
- The countryside around here is very rugged.
- The task was more arduous than he had calculated.
- He is a firm believer in total quality management.
- It’s really burdensome to have many children.
- They had the laborious task of cutting down the huge tree.
- The road went round in a tight curve.
- There is stiff competition for university places.
- She can be as stubborn as a mule.
- He found the course academically challenging.
- Housework is usually miscellaneous and toilsome.
- He looks robust and healthy enough.
- She met with a lot of knotty problems.
- The wine has a flinty taste.
- He was a big, burly man.
- The young captain is pondering over a thorny problem.
- The clothes froze solid on the washing-line.
- He put up a stout defence in court.
- Her death was a grievous shock.
- She asked some rather awkward questions.
- We need several sturdy men to push this car.
- He bowed to her adamantine will.
Tough Synonyms | Infographic