Types of Fish in English! Are you looking for the fish names in English? This page provides a useful list of fish with example sentences and ESL printable infographic.
Types of Fish
List of Types of Fish
Here is the list of common names of fish with useful example sentences in English:
- Blue tang
- Yellow-tail catfish
- Climbing perch
- Kissing fish
- Shark catfish
- Grey mullet
Types of Fish with Example Sentences
- I should like poached eggs, darling, on anchovy toast and strawberries with kirsch.
- They are a cross between a coffin and a barracuda.
- When I have a shoal of feeding bream in the swim I can not rest easy.
- There are a number of other butterflyfish suitable for the home aquarium.
- They saw a little carp swimming swiftly in the stream.
- The clownfish does, therefore, contribute towards protecting its anemone host.
- The eel wriggled out of my fingers.
- The flounder population is also on the increase.
- He fished up a big herring.
- A venomous lionfish breaks into a huge ball of swirling baitfish.
- The puffer fish is found in warmer parts of the world both in seawater and freshwater.
- The shark described a circle around the shoal of fish.
- We select the freshest fish, stingray, crayfish, so tong, prawn, crab, etc.
- Sometimes they catch a bit of sturgeon.
- A giant ocean sunfish, or mola, cruises slowly through the water column.
- Even the tarpon were biting, and he dragged out a seventy-pounder.
- He made two rounds of tuna sandwiches.
- Whales are mammals because they give birth to live young, they have fur.
- A freshwater fish of the family Anabantidae, native to Africa and southeast Asia and including the gourami and climbing perch.
- Fishermen catch grey mullet near the inshore area.
- The dolphin had become entangled in/with the fishing nets.
- He used to spearfish for grouper at the north end, then cook his catch for tourists.
Fish Common Names | Infographic