Types of Flowers in English! Learn the useful list of over 50 popular flower names in English with example sentences and ESL printable infographic.
Learn more about a list of common insects in English.
Types of Flowers in English
List of Flower Names
- Cactus flower
- Confederate rose
- Orange rose
- Apricot blossom
- Cherry blossom
- Moss rose
Names of Flowers with Examples
- This fruit was picked only yesterday, it’s as fresh as a daisy.
- The national emblem of England is a rose.
- The orchid is a class of plant which I have never tried to grow.
- In a vase on the table stood a tulip.
- He carefully tended his sunflower plants all summer.
- The silver-leaved varieties of cyclamen are not quite as hardy.
- He had a white carnation in his buttonhole.
- The Queen laid a poppy wreath at the war memorial.
- There was a healthy pink petunia, a shy violet pansy and the promise of a fuchsia.
- I peeped through the interstice abstractedly and saw a tiny violet flower, quivering.
- The air was filled with the sweetness of mimosa.
- Sweet blue hyacinth twisted over my soul.
- The flower’s common name is forget-me-not.
- There are many woodland flowers, such as wood sorrel, bluebell, fox glove and wood anemone.
- The smell of bougainvillea, which produces flowers all year round and supplies the wreaths, is in the air.
- The fields were golden with buttercups.
- Confederate rose will mature into a large shrub or small tree.
- The crocuses are late coming into flower.
- Some favoured dahlia, others preferred the bright geranium.
- She picked up a pink flower from a foxglove.
- Geranium oil has a sweet fragrance reminiscent of roses.
- Bright petals mark the hibiscus, a flowering plant found in much of the world.
- Roses and honeysuckle entwine the little cottage.
- The smell of lavender lingered faintly in the room.
- The air was filled with the scent of lilac.
- North American bur marigold with large flowers.
- The snowdrops were just starting to come out.
- Let us smell the fragrance of Tuberose reveal?
- Snow was falling as steadily as the apricot blossom in the first monsoon storm.
- The seeds of dandelion were carried to the meadow by the wind.
- They had a beautiful yard hedged in by hydrangeas.
Different Types of Flowers | Infographic