Types of vegetables! Learn the list of 40 different kinds of vegetables in the culinary (eating) sense in English with ESL printable infographics.
Types of Vegetables
This is a list of plants that have a culinary role as vegetables. “Vegetable” can be used in several senses, including culinary, botanical and legal. This list includes botanical fruits such as pumpkin, bean, bell pepper, cabbage, carrot, etc.
- Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- Brussel Sprout
- Chilly (Red Chilli)
- Eggplant (Aubergine)
- Green Onion
- Mint (Peppermint)
- Onions (Red)
- Corn (or Maize in the UK)
- Bitter Gourd
- Coriander leaf
List of Vegetable Names with Examples
- Artichoke leaf has been shown to lower cholesterol.
- I’d like to add some pepper to the bean curd.
- The beetroot had turned the soup a glorious pink.
- While that lies in the pan, I cut the bell pepper and onion.
- She grew all the broccoli plants from seed.
- If you overcook the cabbage it’ll turn to mush.
- We used a carrot for the snowman’s nose.
- I’m just making the sauce for the cauliflower.
- We had a cold cucumber soup as a starter.
- Farm workers harvesting the celery soon developed a serious skin rash.
- At noon today, we brought Chinese chive fried with egg and mad apple stewed with bean.
- The processing technique of the mixed juice beverage of Chinese yam chayote and carrot is researched.
- He likes to eat eggplant.
- I love the taste of garlic.
- Some slender green onion slices are added just before eating the soup.
- Anna makes a supper of groats and curly kale.
- The stem of the mushroom is broken.
- The bills were fresh from the mint.
- The potato is vulnerable to several pests.
- The kitchen was redolent of onions.
- The pumpkin is a real monster.
- Spinach is a valuable source of iron.
- It’s similar in size to a tomato.
- Fry the taro balls into golden ones.
Vegetable Names | Infographics
Find the vegetable names with their images illustrated below:
List of Vegetables in English | Image 1
List of Vegetables in English | Image 2