Are you looking for a list of words that rhyme with day? Learn the list of 100 useful words that rhyme with the word “day”. This list is a practical source to enhance your vocabulary. It also serves as a powerful mnemonic device, facilitating memorization.
Rhyming words are words like rat and cat or even head and red. Rhyming words are words that have ending sounds that are similar. Rhyming words are not always spelled the same; they just need to sound the same.
Words That Rhyme With Day
Here is the list of words that rhyme with the word “Day” which help you to broaden your vocabulary words in English.
Single-Syllable Words that Rhyme with Day
Two Syllable Words that Rhyme with Day
- X ray
Three-syllables Words that Rhyme with Day
Here are some example sentences that use words that rhyme with “day”:
- The bay was calm and peaceful.
- The donkey let out a loud bray.
- Breyer’s ice cream is a favorite in my household.
- Clay is a great material for pottery.
- The farmer used a dray to transport his goods.
- He was openly gay and proud of it.
- Hay is often used as food for horses.
- “Hey, how are you?” I greeted my friend.
- The cat likes to lay in the sunbeam.
- Let’s play a game of chess.
- He went to church to pray for forgiveness.
- The sun’s ray shone through the window.
- “Say cheese!” the photographer instructed.
- May I borrow a pencil, please?
- I need to pay my rent by the end of the week.
- Shay Mitchell is a Canadian actress and model.
- We decided to stay at home and watch a movie.
Two Syllable Words:
- There was an affray outside the bar last night.
- The pilot cleared the airway before takeoff.
- She tried to allay her friend’s fears about the exam.
- The archway was decorated with flowers for the wedding.
- He used the ashtray to dispose of his cigarette.
- The hikers were astray in the woods.
- I’ll be away on vacation next week.
- The sailor used a belay to secure the rope.
- He felt betrayed by his best friend.
- It’s my birthday next week.
- Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is a bustling city in India.
- The Beltway is a highway that encircles Washington D.C.
- Broadway is famous for its theaters and shows.
- The buffet had a wide variety of food.
- The cache contained valuable information.
- Let’s meet at the café for a cup of coffee.
- The causeway connects the island to the mainland.
- The old building was in a state of decay.
- The company will defray the cost of the conference.
- The flight was delayed due to bad weather.
- She was dismayed to find out she failed the test.
- The store had an impressive display of shoes.
- The doorway was too narrow for the sofa.
- He tried to downplay his mistake.
- The car pulled into the driveway.
- The alleyway was narrow and dark.
- Anyway, let’s get back to the main topic.
- The room was in disarray after the party.
- He chose to disobey his parents’ rules.
- Everyday tasks like cooking and cleaning can be tiring.
- The expressway was closed due to construction.
- Michael Faraday was a famous physicist and chemist.
- The company offered a free giveaway with each purchase.
- The interplay between the characters made the movie interesting.
- The designer used an overlay to add texture to the image.
- The actor’s overplay ruined the scene.
- The guest had overstayed their welcome.
- Paraguay is a landlocked country in South America.
- The old shirt was a throwaway item.
- The restaurant is known to underpay its workers, which is why they’re protesting for fair wages.
- The boats sailed down the waterway.
- Yesterday was a beautiful day for a picnic.
Tips for Learning Words that Rhyme with Day
Here are some easy tips for learning words that rhyme with “day”:
- Sing a song that uses words that rhyme with “day”. This will help you remember the words and make learning fun.
- Write the words down and practice spelling them. This will help you become familiar with the words and their spelling.
- Use the words in everyday conversations. This will help you remember the words and how to use them in context.
- Watch a movie or TV show that has rhyming dialogue. This will help you hear the words in context and improve your pronunciation.
- Practice with a friend or family member. Take turns saying a word and then the other person has to come up with a rhyming word.
- Use a rhyming dictionary or online tool to help you find words that rhyme with “day”. This will make it easier to find new words to practice.
Words That Rhyme With Day | Infographic
FAQs on Words that Rhyme with Day
What words rhyme with day?
Some words that rhyme with day include say, play, way, bay, stay, fray, sway, and ray.
What are some common phrases that use the word “day”?
Some common phrases that use the word “day” include “all day”, “every day”, “day and night”, “one day at a time”, “day in and day out”, and “rainy day”.
What are some words that rhyme with “today”?
Some words that rhyme with “today” include “away”, “say”, “may”, “way”, “pray”, “delay”, “array”, and “convey”.